The news is out! For Christmas Eve the tradition is to open one gift that evening. In preparation, I had mailed a card with the u/s pics to Moo. She was able to open them in front of the Mangino family, and I think there were even a few tears shed! I would give anything to have seen her face. She was very excited and called me right away. I was so glad to have finally told her!
On Christmas, I called Grandma Sayles to share the news. I told them that I missed them this year, but next year all three of us would be around. Everyone was very excited!
Later that evening we hosted the Hoke family Christmas. We announced it to his family by giving his father a Merry Christmas bib and his mother a framed picture of one of the u/s! Her face was too funny!
We are glad the secret is out to the family. . .and everyone our mothers keep telling ;)!
My father called later that evening, so we shared our great news with him. I told him that my Christmas present to him was that he was officially going to be a grandfather now. He was very excited and said that I had made it the best Christmas ever.
It was a wonderful Christmas, and next year hopefully it will be even better!
No comments:
Post a Comment