Thursday, January 7, 2010

Slept like a baby. . .



Yesterday we had our OB appointment, blood work and another ultrasound done at 9wk 2d. It was a busy day and we spent about two hours at the doctors office! We first had our consultation, where they went over genetic information, plans after the baby was born ,etc. Then we had some blood work done- standard stuff + some extra for good measure like testing for cystic fibrosis. After taking about 4 vials of blood from me, they sent us over to start getting us ready for taking our money. How funny none of this seemed to bother me. Too in love I guess! So we got pre-registered for the hospital and started a payment plan for the OB/GYN office. Then finally we got to go see the baby. I was so nervous. . .as I have been this whole time. The past two weeks I have felt so much better, and some of my symptoms have decreased (except for peeing every ten minutes and needing to nap all day), so I was really getting worried.
Well as soon as she put that doppler on my belly we could see that big bright heart just beating away! It takes my breath away every time. Then as she kept it there. . .our baby waved at us for the first time! It was the MOST incredible thing I have ever seen to date. It was moving so much- waving, kicking, and wiggling. Grandmoo says this may be a sign of things to come! Steven, says I love the rowdy kiddos, so who knows!
The baby's heart beat was nice and strong beating at 167. Anything above 155 would be good. After this week it will start decreasing again, and should fall between 120 and 160 after week 12. The baby is doing so good that we even measured a couple days ahead this time at 9wks 4d! I told Dad that is because of how well his Momma is feeding him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!