Saturday, November 12, 2011

changes

Playing in the back yard
So I have worked my last day with NC state parks.  As much as I am looking forward to my new adventure, I of course was torn in my decision.  The past seven years with the division have really been an amazing opportunity for growth and adventure.  I have loved my job and all the awesome duties I was able to do because of it.  I worked in some beautiful places.

But motherhood was a stronger pull.

So Monday I begin my new job, working part-time, close to home, and no travel outside the county.  My new position will be with the county soil and water office as their admin/environmental educator.  The office is small- only three of us, and it is very laid back.  Jeans to work--really???  Did I dream this up?

I also found in-home part-time care for Grayson.  This will allow for my schedule to flexible, not to mention we love her!  She is the sweet grandma type, and can't wait to spoil and love on Grayson.  She only watches one other 4-year old little girl, so we liked that much better than a children's morning out program.  Everything is falling into place.

A little dirt. . .
I can peek in on naps. . .

I took the past week off, using up some of my vacation time.  It was nice to spend the time with my little man.  We went on walks, he ate a little dirt, chased each other around the house, learned new words (shoes, socks, box, cheese), learned where our belly button and head is, did some yoga (yo-gabba gabba according to Tika) and gave each other lots of hugs and kisses.  It was a pretty awesome week.
--------------


Doughnuts to wash down the dirt
Dad had off Friday- so we headed to the greenway for a walk with the Pendells.


Grayism- On our way to an adoption fair we asked Grayson if he wanted a brother or a sister.  His response- he quickly shook his head no at either!  Sorry bud.  We promise you'll love each other when he or she gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!