Monday, October 17, 2011
Our 5th anniversary
Oct. 14th we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. We had originally planned to go Myrtle Beach and renew our vows and spend some time just the two of us, but plans to be so far away changed due to family circumstances. So instead, Steven told me he would plan everything and we would do something local. On Friday night we headed out to dinner, and Saturday I was told we would be going on a hike. We got up, and Steven kept rushing me, which I wasn't sure why. . .we were just going for a hike, why the rush. We went to South Mountains, and began hiking up to the waterfall. It was a gorgeous afternoon, cool in the shade, but warm in the sunlight. The leaves are maybe a week or two from their peak at South. As we were heading up to the waterfall, I noticed our dear friend Jim. What? Then I hear 'lullaby' by the Dixie Chicks. Wow, my husband planned all this? Jim had driven all the way from Greensboro to renew our vows, and wrote a special ceremony just for us- I mean he included erosion and earthly elements into it, how wonderful is that?! It was truly beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kelly
- I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!



How wonderful! I can't believe it's been 5 years. The pictures are great.
ReplyDelete