Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Party

Saturday night we had a Halloween party for the kids.  I had so much fun planning for it, even though I had a ton on my plate this past week getting ready to leave my full-time job and transition to a part-time job.  Woo-hoo!  Can't wait for more time with that cute little man of mine!
I planned pumpkin bowling, with milk jugs and small pumpkins, a bean bag toss, and a ghost hunt, complete with ghost scat to track the ghost down!  The kids had a blast and so did we.  I love having people over, and I love happy kiddos running around even more!
Since we were calling it the Hoke Halloweenie Party, we had to serve some weenies.  So we roasted hot dogs, on a stick over the fire.  We roasted marshmallows (large ghost poops), and had swamp water (koo-aid and Sprite), Witch hats (cookies with kisses on top), chips, dip, veggies, and hot cocoa.  I broke down and bought disposable plates, cups and flatware.  Wow, clean up is really easy when you do that!  No worries, to my earth-loving friends, I haven't crossed over.  But sometimes even we need some give, right?








ghost poop!



One of the three blind mice



maw-maw getting in on the ghost hunt fun!  The kids loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!