Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gray's 1st Christmas


Christmas started with Steven's family the weekend before Christmas. Steven's mom of course went all out and had a Christmas meal just for us. It was nice to have time to visit. Grayson loves being over there, especially with his paw-paw. Grayson's favorite gift was a cookie jar that tells the shapes you are putting in it, and a walker. He can't even touch the floor yet, but he thinks he is such a big boy and just loves being in it!
On the 21st we headed to Central Florida for the holidays. We usually make the drive all at once, but with little man, we decided it would be best to break it into two trips. So after work on Tuesday we headed out. Grayson was fast asleep and was none the wiser. . .until he woke up at the hotel. He has been struggling with a cold, and Tuesday had been particularly tough. He started albuterol treatments because he started wheezing, and was just exhausted. Once he woke up at the hotel, he was over exhausted and so miserable that he was unable to go back to sleep. Ughhh. It was a long night to say the least! We have been spoiled by our angel baby, so we didn't know what to do.
On Wednesday morning we continued on our way, and eventually made it to my moms house. Jim was there, and was excited to finally meet Grayson. He gave him a nickname right away- Buster. What a silly Pop-pop!

Pop-pop and Grayson

I don't think Moo could get enough of Grayson. It was so busy, and so many people eager to see him, that I don't think she got to steal him away as much as she wanted. Grayson recognized her voice though as soon as we saw her. He probably thought, hey it's the computer lady from our weekly skype video calls.

Mamoo and Grayson

We had a great visit and were able to see so much of the family. It was so busy though, I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. Grayson was so spoiled of course, and got so many gifts. The neighbors were sending over gifts way before we left for our Christmas vacation! He is so loved, and we are so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives.

Grayson opening his one gift on Christmas Eve, a family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!