Last Thursday my best friend Anita volunteered to babysit so Steven and I could enjoy a night out, and so she could spend some time with Grayson. Anita was a little nervous, so she called for some back-up. Back-up consisted of most of the Herman bunch! She had her momma, her sister Amber, her hubby Mike, and her brother Andrew all there for support! Of course Grayson was in heaven with all this extra lovin'! Andrew tried to make him a UNC Chapel Hill fan, I have no doubt Amber was encouraging him to love on Ruby the dog, Mary Ellen I am sure was giving good Grandma loving, and Aunt Nita- well no telling what she was up to with Grayson! I am sure she gave lots of kisses though! I'm not sure who held little man the most, but I know that once we got back Mike was holding him, and not too eager to be letting him go.
Steven and I enjoyed a nice dinner out in the big bustling town of Taylorsville. We went to my favorite spot up there- Giovanni's.
When we got back to Anita's we could hear everyone inside just fawning over Grayson, so we stopped and listened outside. We could just imagine our little attention magnet eating it up. Sure enough, Mike was holding him, while everyone was surrounding him just smiling and making a big to do- over a burp none the less! I never doubted or worried about leaving Grayson with Anita, I knew he would get unconditional love. Now Grayson knows it too!
So glad you and Steven got a night out. They are few and far between. Nice to have such great friends close by. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
ReplyDelete