Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gray's 1st Halloween

What a busy holiday! Halloween started on Saturday for us, as it did for so many. Since when did treak-or-treaters get to choose the day the holiday was? Halloween is the 31st, end of story! Of course, I'm not against events before hand, just the 14 year olds who are already to big and are out the day before.


Anyhow, we headed downtown for the Newton Spooktacular with some of our neighborhood friends. It was a little chilly, but we kept Gray bundled up and had a good time. There wasn't of course much for him to do, but he loves people watching, so he was fine.

Artist Steven with his masterpiece!

On Sunday, we made it to church in the morning. We attended Grace, for what is probably the last time. Afterwards, we toured the Old Post Office Playhouse. The OPOP is our new theater here in downtown Newton. It is absolutely beautiful. They really did an amazing job at transforming the old post office and leaving so many interesting pieces of it's history. We were given the special tour since we had given money in Grayson's name during their fundraising campaign. Little Gray has a glass block and his name forever in the OPOP. He loves attention so much I will not be surprised if he is on that stage one day!
On Sunday evening, our neighbors across the street were hosting a block party, so we dressed up again and headed over there. We had a good time, but little man was worn out from the weekend, so we didn't stay long. Hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

Our little lion

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!