Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mommy-to-be Day

First I have to say thank you to all the wonderful mothers who shared advice. . .I have great mentors and friends to get help from! I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend filled with hugs and kisses from your kiddos, or phone calls from loved ones that are far away.
I had a wonderful weekend, starting with a sneak peek of my Lil' man, time outside playing in the yard, and Sunday dinner out with family. I received cards from friends and family, and flowers and many wishes of a happy mother's day.
Friday I took off of work and had a busy day filled with doctors appointments and a soil & water meeting. My midwife appointment went well. I had to take my glucose tolerance test. Yuck! I felt so sick afterwards. Then after my appointment I headed to the 3D ultrasound clinic. Steven and decided to get the 3D ultrasound done as a surprise gift to our mothers for mothers day. It was the most amazing experience and I am so glad now that we did it. He is absolutely beautiful! It was such a great moment for Steven and I both seeing this perfect baby boy moving, kicking, yawning, punching and making faces. We know that this will be the only pregnancy for us, as we both feel strongly about adoption, and plan to adopt the next time around. So we want to experience as much as we can as my body goes through this amazing journey. This was one choice that was so worth it!
Best quote of the weekend was after showing the video of our boy to Steven's family Steven's mom was explaining to Aaron that the baby needed to finish baking like a biscuit. Aaron who just couldn't believe that I would bake the baby yells at his other cousins. . ."Kelly's got to bake the baby"!. . .Sophie then screams, "Noooooo"! Kids are too cute!We are so in love. I don't want to rush the next 13 or so weeks, but I can't wait to meet him and kiss his perfect little toes!

3 comments:

  1. What amazing pictures. He looks like a big, healthy (and very cute) baby! It's so cool what they can do with the ultrasounds machines. I know this makes you even more excited to meet the little guy. I can't wait to meet him too. See you guys soon, kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how good these are--best ones I've seen, as far as being able to see the face! You can see his whole face so clearly! He's sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!