Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

So this post really has less to do with the baby and more to do with Steven and I, but I thought I would include it none the less. Valentine's Day in the Hoke house is never filled with flowers or chocolates. The older I get the more stubborn I become about us not accumulating stuff, or him buying me flowers just because every one else in the world is doing it. I do get flowers on random days, and that means so much more to me. Anyhow, the rule in the house is the Valentine gift has to be handmade. How lucky am I that I married a man who is so incredibly talented and artistic. So this year Steven went all out. I have been wanting a cold frame to start my plants in early for years now, and this year Steven made me a cold frame! The only pieces he had to confess to buying were the hinges and the paint. Everything else was salvaged from home redo's around here. Thank you honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!