Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fall is on it's way. . .

Gray on his new trike
The weather here has been so amazing.  You can already feel the fall weather on it's way.  We have turned the air off at night almost every night for the past week.  This is always my favorite time of year!  

This weekend we had to run to Charlotte to look at what will be our new counter tops.  I will be so glad to have this remodel done- and we are not even close yet!  We still have the floors, painting, hardware, dishwasher installation, and the counter tops left!  

On our way back we decided to swing by the Charlotte airport to their overlook parking and watch the planes as they took off.  Gray of course loved it.  We talked about where they might be going, and I think he decided they were all going to see Mam-moo.  :).  Why else would you get on a plane?

After Charlotte we stopped by the flea market to visit Maw-Maw and Caitlin, and walk around a bit.  Then we headed home and got in one beautiful evening walk before getting ready for bed.

The chaos that is our kitchen


Watching the planes

The Queen City in the background
 On Sunday we headed to Taylorsville and spent a few hours with the Herman's.  As always, Gray was the center of attention.  It's like a celebrity when he comes to town- even Andrew is waiting on this kid!

After our visit we headed over to a local orchard and picked some apples and Asian pears.  Gray loved it, and was so excited to get home for dinner and eat his apples!  He loved them with his sunflower butter!  I see some homemade applesauce and pear chutney in our future.

I am already excited for this fall and all the extra time I have to spend with my family!  Tomorrow is Grayson and Momma day (as we like to call it), and I can't wait to see what adventures we get to go on next.
Of course, what trip to Taylorsville would be complete without a ride on a tractor? Uncle Mike was showing Gray "how to pick up chicks". . .literally!

Boys.


Ruby Doo. (she gets a bit jealous with Gray around)

My little apple picker :)

He was so excited to get under the limbs "into the tunnel" and get the big apples everyone else missed. We just had to watch for the ones with spots. . .he was so excited, this was not easy to explain.





Just a couple months and there will be a patchwork of yellow, orange and red in these mountains!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!