Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trip to HOT, sunny FL

On Wednesday last week I flew to Florida to visit with friends and family one last time before the baby got here. It was the first time anyone got to see the baby bump in person, and the reactions were all worth the trip!
Wednesday evening, Jessie Lou (soon-to-be Aunt) picked me up, and at first she just hugged me and next thing I know she's crying with excitement over the belly! (Yes, I am ratting you out- that is what sisters do, right)? The plane trip had been much to be desired, including a lady telling me to move out of her way in the aisle (really, people?!) and being hit in the head with a big briefcase because idgits don't pay attention when opening the overhead compartments. Yes, that safety message is really for a reason. Contents really do shift. But soon at last, I was on my way down wonderful Hwy 436 to my Moo's house.
Everyday there was something, but overall the trip was pretty relaxing. Despite Grandmoo getting over being sick, she had taken care of everything, so there wasn't much for me to help with. On Thursday, friends of the family came over. Melanie Mueller and her daughter Amber came to visit, and it was so good to see them and visit. Melanie had made so much for the baby. She is so amazing and gifted. She embroidered cute little burp towels, and a baby bib that says baby Hoke. She also made my corsage for the baby shower on Sunday. It had cute little baby socks made into flowers. Thank you Mel!
On Friday, Grandmoo and Grandma Great (Jacob, the first great grandchild got to decide her title) and I went shopping. This is Grandma Great's favorite past time. She gets tired a little sooner, but rarely is ready to completely call it quits and go home. In the end we found nothing for us, but stuff for Steven and Pop-pop. How did the men get so lucky? We ended the trip with a ice cream sundae from Friendly's. They have the best Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream sundaes and we don't have any restaurants around us.
That evening I was able to meet up with my friends Mike and Kim. Mike and I went to high school together and were able to meet up a couple of years ago at my high school reunion. Since then they've come to visit us in NC and it's been great the four of us being able to hang out. We went out for fondue and had a great time. Love ya Mike and Kim! Thanks for dinner. . .still thinking about where the four of us are going to decide to settle down and live!
Saturday was reserved for Jessie. We went to Ulta (her favorite store), and she showed her big sis how to buy makeup. Yes, I really do need help. In the end I left with powder and a brush. My basics. I couldn't even tell you what all Jess bought! Then Jessie showed me her new apartment, and lucky big preggo sis got the best preggo massage. Jessica finished school in May and just got a job at Illusions hair salon and spa in Casselberry. I felt so relaxed afterwards, and I think lil' man enjoyed it too. I am so lucky! Afterwards, we headed back to Grandmoo's for a girls night. Jim (Pop-pop) quickly left to escape the baby shower.
On Sunday, I had my baby shower, hosted by Grandmoo and Jessie. They did so much, and I had such a great time. I'll post pictures and write more about that later.
On Monday, I headed home. Steven and Cadha picked me up at the airport. What a happy pup she was! Steven had the nursery all painted! It is perfect. It will be so bright and cheery in there! There is still a lot to do, but I feel so much better that at least that much is done now. To top it off it was our wonderful neighbors across the street that came and helped him paint! Thank you James and Jolinda! We are such lucky people to have you two as neighbors.

The whole trip was so wonderful, and I was glad I got time to visit with so much of my family. Jessie got to feel her nephew kick, and Grandmoo got to spoil him and feel a kick or two also. I have such an amazing circle of friends & family to welcome this lil' guy into.

1 comment:

  1. It was SOOOO good to see you and feel your precious little guy wiggling around. You look wonderful and I'm so excited for you and Steven. Post pictures of the nursery soon- I want to see that blue color.... I love you much!
    Aunt Hope

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!