So in 10 years, this will be one of the posts, that Gray will hate me for, and I'll get one of those, "really, mom...really?" looks. This past summer Gray was very close to being done with potty training, but then changed his mind...so we waited. Then about a month ago he decided he was ready to quit wearing diapers. Of course I was happy to oblige and do whatever I could to help the process along...i.e. bribery. So we made a deal. Only underwear for a week and I would get him a skateboard (scooter, but he calls it a skateboard...mostly because that is what he pretends it is, my little dare devil).
Well, he does it. No accidents even! So we get the scooter, and then guess what starts happening...accidents. This kid is no fool. So we have to take away the scooter. Eventually it all works out, and now we are completely potty trained! We have our moments, but life is so much easier...and cheaper!
My schedule has been super busy with work, so I took the rest of this week off. Gave us some free time today to head to the library for the Easter Egg hunt. Gray was so excited with each egg and the candy inside, that he only found three eggs! The librarian felt bad, but he was happy as a lark because he had chocolate! Love this kid.
 |
| story time |
 |
| Stopping at the 2nd egg to get the candy out |
 |
| "Cheese" |
Grayism: Lately Gray has been expressing how much he likes everything. The other night we are tucking him in and he say's, "Mommy, I like your eyeballs".
Last night it was even better- after I told him the next day would be a mommy and Gray day, he asked if we could go hike, and I said it depended on the weather. He then says I like the greenway, can we go there? I say sure bud, if the weather is ok. Then he says I don't like the brown one, just the green one. Silly boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment