Wednesday, February 2, 2011

13 wks vs 6 months

So around this time last year I was about 13 weeks pregnant. We had already made the announcements to family and friends, I wasn't showing, in fact all bloating from the very beginning had disappeared. I could still touch my toes, was attending a Tai Chi class, and felt absolutely wonderful. We were thrilled beyond belief and spent nights talking about all the possibilities and what our baby would be like. . .was it a boy. . .was it a girl? Would we be good parents? How would we pay for everything (okay, only Steven worried about that)? Would they have curly hair, blue eyes, long legs? All we knew was a heartbeat. A heartbeat that made us cry every time we heard it. It was the most beautiful sound in the world to us. We were so in love. . .just hadn't met him yet.

http://thehokiepokies.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-know-cheesy-but-i-am-so-in-love.html

And now that we have met that precious bundle of joy. . .we are so in love. It's hard to believe that 6 months have already flown by. He is growing way to fast. He is quickly becoming a toddler and less of newborn. He is curious, wants to get in to everything, has those precious blue eyes we dreamed about, the sweetest smile that melts my heart every time he flashes it, and the best laugh in the world! If it wasn't for how hard parenting and marriage can be at times, I would swear we were living in a dream world. Every day is like Christmas at the Hokie Pokie house.
So what has changed from the 13 wk preggo me and the official Mom, me? Where do I start. . .

  • The new me is no longer worried about being selfish. I would spend my last dime on Grayson before I bought anything for myself.
  • If anything the new me could use to be a little more selfish. Those size 6/8 jeans aren't going to fit otherwise.
  • I love the new man in my house. Nope, not just Grayson, but the man that is proving to be a great father and husband.
  • We do the best we can. Nope, I wasn't going to use pacifiers, and only cloth diapers, no formula and he would only eat organic food. Well, he started using a paci the first night he was home. We use cloth at home, but disposables at daycare & when we are out & about for long periods of time. He is now on solids that are mostly organic. But not always. And at times, since I've been back to work, I've had to supplement with formula.
  • I have always been pretty modest when it comes to showing skin. As Steven put recently, "Man, you'll just whop those things out anywhere nowadays"!
  • I have touched poop, pee, and vomit more than anyone could ever realize (unless they too are mothers).
  • I hate baby socks. I am working on an invention to keep those damn things on. Why hasn't this been done before?!
  • I know longer worry about my decisions as a mother. I know whats best for him. I may not know everything, but I do know my child, and I feel pretty confident in my choices that I have already made for him in his 6 months. In fact, I am much more confident in myself than I have been at any time in my life.
  • I'm back to touching my toes and sleeping soundly through the night, just like the 13 wk me.
  • I love my Moo even more. I am so thankful now that I know what a mother's love is like. It's a good thing we don't know that growing up though. . .can you imagine what brats we would all be knowing we could get away with it?
  • Wow. I know how hard it all really is now. There are times I miss pre-Grayson times with Steven. We are tired a lot. I Hate being away from Gray. It pulls at my heartstrings to be anywhere other than, with him. There is never enough time to get things done, and I am pulled in a million different ways.
  • Have learned there is a new division in friends. . .you know, married, single, with kids, without kids, pet owners, etc. There is also working moms and stay at home moms. Few people in my life have defied all these divisions when it comes to our friendship. Those are your best friends.
  • I knew I would love him. But there is no way to know how much. Does he really have to grow up and move out of the house? I know, ask me again when he's 13 how I feel about this.
  • My body, life and mind will never be the same.
In two days my little man will be 6 months. He is rattling off ba-ba and ma-ma and da-da. He pulls himself up so he can stand. He is eager to run and play with Cadha pups. He has such a personality without saying a word. And thank goodness he loves his Momma.

When did I blink?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!