Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 Weeks

We had our two week check up today! Wow, it's hard to believe it's already been two weeks since we welcomed this little guy into the world!
Steven and I were very anxious about this appointment, especially to see how his weight has improved. During our 3 day check-up we had quite the scare of Grayson loosing 9 oz! But that day my milk started to come in, and by the next day (with a little supplementation) he was up 6 oz! We were so pleased, and relieved! So this appointment meant a lot to us.
Grayson did very well at the office despite the poking and prodding. The nurse weighed and measured him, and the doctor concluded that everything looked good. Woohoo. . .another gold star for Grayson!
His measurements today were 7 lbs 11 oz. This puts us back at birth weight, which is a little small, but since he had lost so much in the beginning the doctor seemed pleased with this. It's in the 25th percentile. His height is 21 inches (head to heel) which puts him in the 75th percentile (funny with the shortest parents ever) and his head circumference was 13 3/4 which puts him at the 50th percentile. Tall, slender and handsome!

Sleeping with Daddy after the appt.

Everything else looked really good, and both mom and dad are slowly gaining more and more confidence that we really can handle this parenthood stuff.
I also managed to venture on the scale for the first time. The midwife warned me not to step on it until two weeks due to water retention, but I think all of the swelling has subsided so I tip-toed on to the scale. Well, not where I want to be, but not as bad as I thought. Though my body looks ENTIRELY different than it used to. I am up 12.7 pounds from when I first got pregnant, but I am 32.7 pounds from where I was when we first started trying to get pregnant. So I've got some work to do, but hopefully posting it here will keep me accountable. Hopefully breastfeeding helps the rest of this excess weight come off.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that Grayson is a healthy baby. I can't believe he is already 2 weeks old. Myles just turned 18 months today and I have no idea where that time went.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!