Saturday, July 31, 2010

and counting. . .

So we are at 39 weeks now and yes I am beyond ready. I am so glad to have gone through this amazing experience, but I'm ready to meet my son, touch my toes, and hit the gym again, and sleep on my stomach!
Tuesday early evening, I started getting consistent contractions every 10 minutes. Of course at first I was elated. . .thinking woohoo, this could be it. Wow, don't I sound like a first time preggo! So Steven and I waited it out to see what would happen, well I sleep soundly through the night, as the contractions were pretty mild. Well come morning I was still having them, so I headed to work with the sole purpose of preparing my office and boss for my absence. Late afternoon, I leave work still having contractions. . .still 10 minutes apart. However, they really weren't gaining any intensity or getting closer, so I am at this point starting to realize that this isn't it, as much as I want it to be. But what the heck, a little extra walking won't hurt, so my friend Sherry and I walk, and walk, and still nothing. Starting to sound familiar to been there moms, yet?
Well, not sure what to do, I decide not to go into work the next day or on Friday. I had an OB appt. on Friday anyhow and was able to squeeze in a much needed appt. at the chiropractors office as well. Wow, have I ever mentioned how much I love my chiropractor!
Good news, but news that gives me nothing more than when I didn't know anything- the OB told me that I was 50% effaced and about a cm dilated. So what does that mean? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The good news is there is some progress and that my body is doing what it is supposed to. Bad news, I could be like this for weeks. I am not in any pain, so I don't have that to worry about. I'm just ready, so ready.
So today Steven and I decided that we would spend our rainy Saturday in a/c and walk around a bit. So we headed to IKEA in concord. It was the first time we had been. I know for all you Orlando folks, you can't believe it. But for those who really know me, you know that driving an hour to go shopping, isn't exactly my idea of a good time. But, right now I would do just about anything to get this labor thing going. Soooo. . .
we walked, and walked, got a wine rack, and drying rack (wine rack for the new parent world we are getting ready to enter, and a laundry drying rack for the world of cloth diapers we are getting ready to enter), then we walked some more. And. . .nothing. Still nothing, but now a sore back after all my wonderful chiropractor did yesterday to put me back in order!
Oh, well. He's definitely on his way, and I know I should be patient. I also know I am not the first to feel this way.

3 comments:

  1. You're not the first, but this is YOUR first. Keep us up to date. I love to hear your stories and hear your thoughts. And I have to admit, I want you to have an August 9th birth.....same as Beka! We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! As a mom that had her son a week late, I understand where you are coming from. He will be here in no time. You look wonderful, so happy! I can't wait to see you as a mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there beautiful! God's timing is perfect and when you see that sweet little face, all the waiting will have been worth it. I'm praying for you everyday and so so excited for you and Steven! You are about to experience one of the most amazing events in your life. A little more time to be excited is a gift! I love you dearly!
    And I'm about to be a Great Aunt Hope- I love that!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!