Friday, April 9, 2010

22 weeks 5 days

Last Friday was 22 weeks and 5 days. A little over 17 weeks until we get to meet our lil' man! Time really does fly. He kicks so hard now, but dad still hasn't felt him yet. I think it calms the baby whenever Steven puts his hand on my belly, because he always seems to stop. Soon enough he will feel it though. I enjoy watching my belly bounce with each kick and punch, and even play back from time to time.
The past week I have really popped out. Steven loves it, and I am still adjusting to it. I am definitely getting more stares at my belly these days. I even had a lady at a rest stop let me go in front of her while we were on our trip. Bless her. . .I really did have to go right then!
Steven has also enjoyed talking to our son. He talks to him every day, and sometimes likes to even talk in to the microphone as he calls it (my belly button). I think he does it just to drive me crazy really!
We had a midwife appointment last Friday morning, and everything is going well. I am measuring on track, Steven got to meet another one of the midwives, and the heartbeat still sounds beautiful. I told her about the tightening I've been having which is apparently the Braxton-Hicks contractions. I don't get them very often, and they don't hurt, but I do fell like I'm going to pop. Apparently this is my body getting ready for labor, and as long as they don't start coming to often I am in good shape.
So, everyone is good, and ready to move on to our 23rd week. The next couple of weeks will most likely fly by as I move into the busiest time of year for environmental educators everywhere. Before I know it it'll be May and time to visit the Grandmoo!

1 comment:

  1. You look wonderful! I'm so happy to hear that everything is going so well. Do you remember when I made you feel my belly move with Grady. It totally freaked you out!! Funny! Can't wait to see you on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!