Monday, March 8, 2010

Ergo

Friday the Ergo carrier (http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/) we ordered came in, plus a cloth diaper I ordered. I'm not sure who was more excited about the baby carrier, but Steven was the only one who tried it out. Hopefully Curious George enjoyed the ride!

Steven definitely was the more excited one over the tiny diaper. I think the combination of my belly starting to pop out a little more, the carrier, and the diaper hit him all at once. He was amazed at how tiny it was! Most of the cloth diapers I have registered for won't fit a newborn, but I found a brand that says it's for newborns. I may get just a couple to try them out. Otherwise, I have been slowly acquiring seventh generation newborn diapers. I am prepared for the fact that we will have to most likely alternate between cloth and disposable because of daycare, but we will do our best to have soft cloth on our baby's bum rather than a plastic diaper. Plus, would anyone expect any different. Environmentally???

On Friday, Steven and I decided to have a much deserved dinner out after his long week working on two different research papers. We went to a local Italian restaurant and sat across from a family with two young kids. The stark contrast between our two dining experiences was quite amusing. Steven and I mentioned that these are the last of the quiet meals. Well, except for when family and friends rescue us! Of course we will miss the world of just the two of us. We are best friends and really enjoy each others companionship, but at the same time we are so excited to have our house filled with even more love and laughter.

Our little one is definitely moving around. I have been feeling flutters for the past couple of weeks, but no definite kicks yet. It's all very exciting. This coming Friday we will have our gender ultrasound (though we are pretty sure already). I am so excited about seeing how big he has gotten! From what we've read he should be measuring somewhere between 6-7 oz. this week and is over 6 inches long now!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! You can do the cloth diaper thing. I have done it with two kids and worked while G was in them. I have tons of helpful hints!! Hopefully, we will see you on Friday...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and a mom who can't pass up a good deal. From time to time I get crafty, and when I do and I think it is something that will help out your family, I promise to share. This is a community so if there is something you would like to pass on, feel free to drop me a line. My family believes it takes a village, and a village we shall become!